Because some sheet metal material itself does not have the rust preventing and anti-corrosion ability, so must pass the surface treatment to achieve the purpose.
There are two main types of surface treatment:
1. To improve the service life of products in harsh environment, which refers to: anti-rust and anti-corrosion capability.
2. To obtain the desired surface effect or function, it refers to the appearance requirements of the product.
Surface treatment process for steel plate:
1. Electrogalvanizing: it is the process of using electrolysis to form uniform, dense and well bonded metal or alloy deposits on the surface of the manufacturing parts.
Compared with other metals, zinc is a relatively cheap and easy to be coated metal, a low - value anti - corrosion electroplating layer. Widely used to protect steel parts, especially against atmospheric corrosion, and for decoration. Plating technology includes tank plating (or hanging), rolling (suitable for small parts), automatic plating and continuous plating (suitable for wire and strip).
2. Chrome plated
The process principle is same as galvanized.
Compared with traditional electroplating, chromium coating has a strong corrosion resistance, it is 7 to 10 times of zinc plating, and it has a beautiful surface, but it has a high cost. At present, the most advanced chromium plating technology is called DACROMET, which is called DACROMET, which is a revolutionary high-tech metal surface treatment technology, without pollution.
3. Spray powder: the powder is polarized and adhered to the surface of the product with the opposite polarity under the action of electric field force. It's a physical change. Powder electrostatic spraying does not cause air pollution. The powder can be recycled to reduce the cost of material consumption. The film has superior acid resistance, alkali resistance, good corrosion resistance and high adhesion.
4. Electrophoresis: electrophoresis coating is applied to the surface of the product under the action of Yin and Yang, and the coating is deposited on the surface of the product. It's a chemical change. The common electrophoresis color is black, other colors are also available.
5. Leaching: in the molten material, the product is heated, and the heated metal is combined with the molten material to form a certain thickness of the surface material. It's a physical change. Wide application: rich in color, good protection, excellent resistance to cold and heat preservation, and anti-acid and alkaline.
Related Industry Knowledge
- The main purpose of sheet metal
- Sheet metal technology
- Modern sheet metal processes
- Cabinets basic structure
- Purpose of the cabinet
- Cabinet technical requirements
- Cabinets classification
- Cabinet plate requirements
- Server Cabinet
- Cabinet - the right way to choose
- What are the functional characteristics of indu...
- Repair of car sheet metal.
- What does sheet metal spray paint do?
- What is the use of sheet metal processing sand ...
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of th...
- Precision sheet metal working process.
- Precision sheet metal, processing flanging tech...
- The application of sheet metal products is robu...
- The history of metal processing
- Metal working process